Process and Transparency
Together Highland Park Unidos has published a Final Protocol that sets for the process the Committee will follow in making distributions from the July 4th Highland Park Shooting Response Fund. The Protocol includes information about eligible claimants, a timeline for fund distribution, and a Claim Form.
On July 27, 2022, the Committee published a Draft Protocol and invited victims and their families to offer feedback at four meetings held on August 10 and 11, 2022, at the Highwood Public Library and Highland Park Public Library. The Committee also invited feedback from members of the public via email submission. The Final Protocol incorporates feedback from victims and their families gathered at the four meetings as well as comments from the public.
- July 27, 2022: Publication of the Draft Protocol. Written comments solicited from community members via email to info@July4Fund.org.
- August 10 and 11, 2022: Committee meetings with victims and their families to explain the contents of the Draft Protocol and claim submission process and to invite input and comments from potential claimants.
- August 17, 2022: Publication of the Final Protocol and Claim Form. Documents made available for claimants, families, and all interested parties on the Fund website, July4Fund.org, by telephonic request, and at the Highland Park and Highwood Public Libraries, Family Service of Lake County, and North Suburban Legal Aid Clinic.
- September 7, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Central Time: Deadline for submission of Victim Claim Forms.
- September 14, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Central Time: Deadline for submission of nonprofit organization Claim Forms.
- September and October 2022: Review and submission of payment determinations by the Administrators to the Committee for final approval.
- October 7, 2022, Victim’s Fund closes in preparation for distribution.
- October 8, 2022, Recovery Fund established.
- October 2022: Payments distributed to approved claimants.
- Following Payment Distribution: Publication of audit